Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sing with freedom...

The rain falls quietly outside. I'm on my 3rd day watching Blaise solo during the day while Kristen goes to work...what craziness. i'm taking two evening classes this spring, a light load because of little Blaise Robert (born on January 29th!) and because I was able to take such a heavy load in the fall.

Life is full of struggles, joys, challenges to overcome, situations to exercise patience. Playing music has been a challenge since leaving Holy Trinity last August. I've been playing a decent amount with School of Faith ministries, but am struggling to find time to play caring for a baby full time with my wife!

I don't really mind, you know, this is the calling we strive for. To clarify the love of God in our lives, to find the way to best serve Him, to find the way to best serve the Law of Love and Forgiveness. While I can serve him much through music, I can also serve him intellectually, through focus, intensity, academia, and love.

Don't get me wrong, I have not given up playing music, and I fully intend to ramp up my playing with School of Faith and playing on weekends once this guy gets a little bigger and easier to handle! Until then, we wait in faith and patience (Heb 6.12) for the love of God to be more clearly present every day--in the rain, in little Blaise, in the love of my beautiful wife, in the studies and oftentimes frustrations of academia, in the unknown future.

Here's to a waiting, patient God and the desire to be more like Him every day. Here's to faith realized and future unforeseen. Music is so much more than music sometimes. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment