Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Midday chance of dawn

Summer!

I admit, I could not imagine this space just a few months ago. Blaise--our nearly four-month-old son--was born 4 days before the Spring semester began. And we survived. Kristen went back to school and heroically survived the final quarter of teaching. I hung in there with Blaise during the day and managed to survive 2 evening classes...complete with papers and projects and reading as usual!

We bought a car...



I sold my motorcycle...


and life moves on.

I am beginning my coursework for two summer courses. One on Liberation Theology in the United States, and one of Literary Acculturation of the Four Gospels. I've already begun reading the books for the former, and already have felt myself challenged, refreshed, and closer to where I want to be in terms of studying theology in the future.

Music flows ever daily...I sing the body electric, Whitman wrote, the armies of those I love engirth me, and I engirth them...who am I to question the place God calls us to? Who am I to question the immutable presence of the Divine on the surface of this small planet in a solar system on the edge of one of billions of galaxies which encompass the universe that we know? Truly, there is life yet to be found, within and without. I must be so bold as to ask God to be present and so humble as to realize there is much outside of me. Much music, much theology, much holiness, much love, much peace. But I am a part of this life...a part of this journey to holiness and the Divine.

Enjoy the new online presence of John Slattery Music! Here's to an everchanging world.

No comments:

Post a Comment